This single serving microwave apple crisp is a great way to satisfy your sweet tooth in under 10 minutes! Sliced apples are tossed with fall spices and topped with a mixture of walnuts and oats before being cooking in a mug in the microwave.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, see my affiliate disclosure.
Every season, I collaborate with a group of food bloggers to create a recipe that features an ingredient of our choice. This has been such a fun experience, and I love seeing all of the creative dishes! For the fall, we chose to focus on apples (who doesn’t love apples?!!!), and will be posting our recipes on our blogs and on Instagram with the hashtag #AisforAlltheApples.
The past two times that I participated were during my dietetic internship, so I was unable to post the recipe on the blog, and instead featured a special post on my Instagram. So I’m especially excited that today I can contribute with this Individual Microwave Apple Crisp.
There’s a LOT to love about this easy recipe. I’ve created it to be a single serving, for those of you who want a sweet treat without baking a whole cake or batch of cookies. Plus, you can whip it up in no time at all with the help of the microwave.
But just because it’s easy doesn’t mean it’s any less delicious than traditional apple crisp. With hints of cinnamon and ginger, and a touch of brown sugar, you will love how “classic” this tastes! All that gooey autumn deliciousness without even getting any dishes dirty!
This recipe also has a built-in portion size. So if you love dessert, but don’t want to go overboard, this Individual Microwave Apple Crisp is for you!
If you make this recipe, I’d love to hear how you like it! Please rate/review using the stars on the recipe card or in the comments section. For more easy recipes, sign up for the weekly newsletter while you’re here.
Individual Microwave Apple Crisp
- 1 apple - cored and diced
- 1 tbsp gluten-free all purpose flour - or flour of choice, divided
- 2 tsp brown sugar - divided
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon - (or could use 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice in place of ginger and cinnamon)
- 1 tbsp chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp old-fashioned rolled oats - use gluten-free if desired
- 1 tbsp coconut oil - melted
- In a large microwave-safe mug, combine diced apples, flour, 1 tsp of the brown sugar, cinnamon, and ginger. Mix until apples are coated.
- In a separate small bowl, combine 1 tsp brown sugar, walnuts, oats, and coconut oil. Pour over apple layer in mug.
- Microwave on high for 3 to 4 minutes or until apples are tender. Enjoy!
- To ensure this is gluten free, use certified gluten free rolled oats as well as flour.