Quinoa Arugula Salad with Pineapple is a quick and delicious side dish that’s bursting with flavor from fresh, simple ingredients. This vegetarian and gluten free quinoa salad is perfect for your next potluck!
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, see my affiliate disclosure.
This recipe started out as a total fail. I set out to make a pineapple arugula smoothie in honor of Cinco de Mayo. But as soon as I tried my super green concoction, I knew I couldn’t salvage it.
I think arugula has just too strong of a taste to be the sole leafy green in a smoothie. But I still plan to master an arugula smoothie at some point, just with a better combo of ingredients, so be on the lookout!
Anyways, this amazing Quinoa Arugula Salad with Pineapple was the happy result of my kitchen fail. And boy am I glad that’s where I landed.
It’s a simple but unbelievably fresh dish that comes together SO quickly. With juicy pineapple, spicy arugula, sweet bell pepper, quinoa, and a four ingredient dressing made with fresh mint, honey, lime juice, and olive oil, it’s like warm weather in a bowl.
The ingredients are more summery than they are springy, but if it means I’m helping summer get here a little faster by making warm weather dishes, then I’m here for it.
How to Make Quinoa Arugula Salad with Pineapple
First things first – prep the quinoa! This is a painless process that involves combining water and quinoa in a saucepan on the stove, bringing it to a boil, then covering it and letting it simmer for 12-15 minutes.
While that’s happening, chop the pineapple (unless you brought pre-chopped pineapple) and bell pepper, and whisk together the dressing.
Combine everything in a bowl and, there you have it, one big happy Quinoa Arugula Salad. Told you this one was quick!
I prefer to put it in the fridge for about a half hour before eating it, but if you don’t mind slightly warm quinoa, then by all means eat it right away! You can store it in the fridge in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
This would be a great dish for a cookout or spring/summer potluck, and goes great on the side of pretty much any protein. You can even add a protein or some beans to it for a little oomph!
Mark my words, I’ll be having this on repeat all summer long.
If you’re looking for some other super easy quinoa or arugula salads, check out my Sugar Snap Pea Quinoa Salad or Sweet Corn and Cherry Arugula Salad. Want something totally different? See my recipe library.
I’d love to hear how you like this recipe! Rate/review using the stars on the recipe card or in the comments, and follow the Veg World on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. Looking for something totally different? Browse the recipe library.
Quinoa Arugula Salad with Pineapple
- 2/3 cup dry quinoa – to yield ~2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1.5 cups water
- 2 cups pineapple – chopped
- 1 bell pepper – deseeded and chopped
- 2 cups baby arugula – loosely packed, more to taste
- Combine the dry quinoa and water in a saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil, cover, and then lower heat to a simmer for 12-15 minutes or until all of the water is absorbed. Remove from heat.
- While the quinoa is cooking, chop the pineapple and bell pepper. Whisk together the olive oil, mint, lime juice, and honey.
- Combine the cooked quinoa, pineapple, bell pepper, and arugula in a large bowl. Pour in the dressing and mix until well combined. Feel free to add salt, more arugula, or any of the other ingredients to taste.
- Keep in the fridge until you are ready to serve. If you don’t mind the quinoa slightly warm, you can serve right away, but this tastes best slightly chilled.
Happy weekend! – Lizzie