What are your plans for Friday night?! Maybe curling up on the sofa to watch Netflix or a movie? If so, I have the perfect snack for you!
This Spring Herb Popcorn features fresh dill and chives sprinkled over freshly popped corn. It has the same comfort food status as your typical popcorn, but with a little extra nutrition from the herbs. Plus, if you pop the corn yourself in an air popper or other device, you won’t have to worry as much about any of the additives or oils you find in microwave and movie theater versions.
Adding herbs is such a simple way to spruce up a dish. They add a burst of flavor, and when used at the end of cooking, herbs can serve as a reminder that you are probably about to eat a carefully prepared meal with fresh ingredients.
As you can probably tell, I’m really into herbs this week. Check out my Sheet Pan Dill Radishes and Salmon if you haven’t already! With all of the leftover dill I had from this recipe, I had to figure out some way to use it again.
Will and I always enjoy popcorn as a snack, and at the wedding we went to last weekend, we got a small bag of Garrett’s Popcorn from Chicago in our goodie bags! So, flavored popcorns have been on my mind! 😉
I won’t claim that this snack is as good as Garrett’s, but it’s certainly a delicious treat! So grab your air popper, and let’s get ready for Friday night…
Spring Herb Popcorn
- ½ cup popcorn kernels
- ½ cup butter - melted, can sub olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh dill - chopped
- ¼ cup fresh chives - chopped
- Sea salt - to taste
- Pop the popcorn kernels using an air popper or other device.
- When the popcorn is finished, transfer to a large bowl. In a separate small bowl, whisk together the melted butter and fresh herbs. Shake the bowl to distribute the butter or oil more evenly. Add sea salt to taste, and enjoy!
Learn about popping corn on the stovetop by clicking here.
Have a great weekend!