This creamy avocado mango smoothie has a vibrant green color and delicious taste. In addition to the two headliner ingredients, it has spinach, lime juice, and a splash of vanilla extract. Enjoy this easy vegan recipe for breakfast, after exercise, or as an afternoon snack!
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, see my affiliate disclosure.
Oh man, do I have a treat for you today…THE perfect smoothie for this time of year! I’ve been wanting to post a smoothie creation with avocado for quite some time. After all, avocado goes with just about anything! So naturally, it’s perfect in a nutritious drink.
Including healthy fats, like the ones found in avocado, in smoothies or salads helps you absorb more nutrients from the greens. Even more, you’ll feel fuller and more satiated when you eat good fats, and you may not feel the need to snack or overeat at your next meal. Pretty cool, huh?
It gets better. The combination of ingredients makes for one unbelievably creamy green smoothie! It’s like dessert. YUM. Since I experimented with this avocado mango smoothie recipe last week, I’ve already had it 4 times.
Expert Tips and FAQ
I’m always looking for ways to drink more green smoothies (and help you do the same), especially since they are such an easy way to get those leafy greens in! One way to add them to your routine is making them in advance so that they’re right at your fingertips when you need a healthy snack.
But wait, don’t avocados turn brown if they’re exposed to air, due to oxidation? Will that make this avocado mango smoothie brown if it’s prepped in advance? Here are my answers to common questions on that topic.
How long do smoothies last?
This specific smoothie can be prepped up to 24 hours in advance and kept in an airtight jar in the fridge. Honestly, it could probably last longer than that but it tastes best when consumed within 24 hours.
How do you keep avocado from turning brown in a smoothie?
Adding lime or lemon juice to a smoothie with avocado can prevent any browning. This recipe uses lime juice, so you’re all good on that end! Even if you do make it in advance like I just discussed, don’t worry about any color change.
More Healthy Smoothie Recipes
If you enjoy this avocado mango smoothie as much as I do, you should also check out:
- Strawberry Banana Beet Smoothie
- Green Pea Smoothie with Mint
- Healthy Shamrock Mint Banana Smoothie
- Tropical Swiss Chard Smoothie
- Butternut Squash Dessert Smoothie
If you make this recipe, I’d love to hear how you like it! Please rate/review using the stars on the recipe card or in the comments section. To get more vegetable recipes delivered straight to your inbox, sign up for the newsletter.
Avocado Mango Smoothie with Spinach
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/2 lime - juiced
- Splash vanilla extract - up to 1/4 teaspoon depending on how strong you want the flavor
- 1 cup water
- In a blender, combine all ingredients in the order they are listed. Pulse until smooth. Pour into glass, chill if needed, and enjoy!
- You can also use fresh mango for this recipe, but I recommend adding a few ice cubes before blending to make it colder if you do.
- This smoothie can be prepped up to 24 hours in advance and stored in an airtight container in the fridge. Stir before drinking. The lime juice will prevent the avocado from browning.
- Possible additions include: shredded coconut, Greek yogurt (vanilla or plain), chia seeds, or milled flaxseed.
Stay cool! – Lizzie
This post was originally published in August 2016 but was updated with new photos and tips in June 2020.