Carrot raisin salad, made with grated carrots, canned pineapple, golden raisins, and shredded coconut, is a delicious vegetarian side dish! The Greek yogurt dressing (made without mayonnaise) is the perfect complement to the sweet ingredients. Serve this healthy recipe for Easter or any occasion.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, see my affiliate disclosure.
In the Veg World, carrots and Easter go hand in hand. I love coming up with fun sides dishes that use carrots for the holiday.
Today’s carrot raisin salad is my latest concoction! It kind of tastes like morning glory muffins but in salad form. The diced pineapple, golden raisins, and coconut flakes play really nicely with the naturally sweet carrots.
And the Greek yogurt dressing? It’s spiked with honey, vanilla extract, and pineapple juice. So you know it’s *chef’s kiss*!
You can really have your [carrot] cake and eat it too with this vegetable dish. I didn’t even mention how easy it is to make yet, especially since it uses canned pineapple and other ingredients that require pretty much no prep. Be sure to let me know if you make this winning salad in the comments!
How to Make Carrot Raisin Salad
Here’s a preview of the steps for this recipe. The full recipe card, with ingredients and instructions, is at the end of the post. Scroll down or click the “jump to recipe” button at the top of this post to see it.
- Prep the shredded carrots.
- Combine the carrots and other salad ingredients in a large bowl. Remove the pineapple from the can using a slotted spoon and reserve the juice for the dressing.
- Whisk together the yogurt dressing in a measuring cup or separate bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the carrot raisin salad and mix until coated.
- Ways to grate the carrots: Shred them by hand with a cheese grater or julienne peeler. You can also shred them in the food processor using the shredding disc (my preferred way). Finally, you can just buy shredded carrots at the store, which will save you time and effort.
- Substitutions and additions: To make carrot raisin salad vegan, use a coconut milk yogurt instead of regular yogurt for the dressing and sub maple syrup for honey. You can also add walnuts or pecans to the salad. I prefer to use golden raisins, since I like their color and I think they have a better taste than regular raisins. However, you can certainly use regular raisins if you want to!
- Canned vs. fresh pineapple: I use canned pineapple for this recipe to save time and to get pineapple juice to use for the dressing. You can substitute fresh pineapple if desired and use lemon juice in place of pineapple juice.
- Storage: Leftovers will last for 2 to 3 days in an airtight container in the fridge. Surprisingly, the salad holds up well and doesn’t get too soggy. However, it is best enjoyed right away or within a few hours of preparation.
More Carrot Recipes
Love this healthy carrot raisin salad?! You’re in luck. Readers also love the Spiced Carrots and Dates, Roasted Asparagus and Carrots, and Vegan Carrot Banana Muffins (also with golden raisins).
I’d love to hear how you like this recipe! Rate/review using the stars on the recipe card or in the comments, and follow the Veg World on YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. Looking for something totally different? Browse the recipe library.
Carrot Raisin Salad with Pineapple
For the salad
- 4 cups shredded carrots
- 1 20-ounce can pineapple tidbits - canned in their juice; approximately 2 cups pineapple
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
For the yogurt dressing
- ¾ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons pineapple juice - reserved from the canned pineapple
- 1 tablespoon honey - use up to 2 tablespoons if desired
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- If you didn't buy pre-shredded carrots, you can shred them by hand with a cheese grater or julienne peeler or in the food processor with the shredding disc.
- After prepping the carrots, gather the other ingredients. Scoop the pineapple tidbits into a mixing bowl with a slotted spoon. Reserve the juice for the dressing.
- Add the carrots, raisins, and coconut flakes to the bowl and mix together.
- In a separate bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the Greek yogurt, pineapple juice, honey, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix until coated. Serve and enjoy!
- Leave a rating or review by tapping the stars on this recipe card (above) or in the comments section (at the end of the post)!
- You can substitute regular raisins if desired. Fresh pineapple can be used in place of canned pineapple if desired. Use lemon juice in the dressing if you don’t have the pineapple juice from the canned pineapple. Possible additions include walnuts or pecans.
- To make vegan, use a coconut milk yogurt and sub maple syrup for the honey.
- Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for 2 to 3 days.
Happy Easter to those who celebrate! – Lizzie
best sald ever made
Lizzie Streit, MS, RDN
Hi Jeff, I’m so glad that you enjoyed it. Thanks for your 5-star review!