In search of a simple side dish? This Roasted Asparagus and Carrots recipe is easy, delicious, and pairs well with almost any meal.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, see my affiliate disclosure.
While there are still some cold temperatures in the forecast, spring veggies are headed our way whether we’re prepared or not. I’m not sure which one I’m most excited about…peas, asparagus, radishes, or maybe artichokes?
That’s yet to be decided, but after testing this recipe, I got the itch to make more asparagus recipes in the upcoming months. The best part about this dish, though, is that asparagus is paired with another delicious veggie: carrots.
If you’ve read my Guide to Vegetable Roasting Times, then you know that one of the keys to making good roasted veggies is making sure they’re the same size before putting them into the oven. Since asparagus is so lanky and thin, it can’t be roasted with just any veggie. But thinly sliced carrots work!
Together, roasted asparagus and carrots are tender and delicious. I recommend serving them with goat cheese and lemon zest for a tart burst of flavor. As you can probably tell, this recipe is simple, but oh so tasty. Seems like the perfect addition to your upcoming Easter menu, huh?
How to Roast Asparagus and Carrots
Trim the asparagus, slice the carrots into similar shapes, and spread them out in a single layer on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Roast until tender and slightly browned. THE END.
Yes, making roasted asparagus and carrots is incredibly EASY. But I do have a few tips and tricks for you.
- To avoid soggy or stringy asparagus, look for thin stalks at the store. These crisp up better in the oven.
- Fresh asparagus is best for this recipe, but I also tested it with frozen asparagus. It works, but the final product is not as crispy. I say this only because frozen veggies may be all you have at the moment.
- Feel free to switch up the seasonings at the end. This recipe also tastes delicious with grated parmesan and chopped almonds.
More Roasted Veggies
- Dill and Maple Roasted Carrots
- Roasted Sesame Asparagus
- Savory Roasted Root Vegetables
- Roasted Turnips and Pears with Rosemary Honey Butter
- Whole Roasted Onions
I’d love to hear how you like this recipe! Rate/review using the stars on the recipe card or in the comments, and follow the Veg World on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. Looking for something totally different? Browse the recipe library.
Roasted Asparagus and Carrots
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange the asparagus stalks and carrot pieces in an even layer. Drizzle with olive oil and toss until lightly coated. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for about 20 to 25 minutes, until tender and slightly browned.
- Serve this dish warm sprinkled with the goat cheese and lemon zest.
- Use thin asparagus stalks to avoid soggy or stringy asparagus.
- Feel free to switch up the seasonings based on your taste preferences. This dish also tastes delicious with parmesan cheese and chopped almonds.
Enjoy this easy recipe! – Lizzie
Want to eat more seasonal veggies? Get your meal plan today!