This Chopped Kale Salad with Tahini Dressing was originally published under a different name in January 2014. An entirely new post was created for this recipe in September 2018.
Fall is here. I’m calling it! Even though it seems to sneak up on me every year, autumn really caught me off guard this time around. I mean, it was literally 95+ degrees in Minneapolis this past weekend? So, yeah, you could say I was surprised to have to put on long pants, a jacket, and even break out my fall booties just a few days after a heat advisory.
Don’t get me wrong, though, I’m welcoming fall with open arms! It is my favorite season after all, mainly because the fall harvest is one of the best time of years in the Veg World.
As a food photographer, there’s a lot to love about the color palate of fall produce.
Deep reds, dark greens, dusky oranges, and touches of magenta and yellow…it’s all SO pretty!! Not to mention, incredibly nutritious and delicious too.
This Chopped Kale Salad with Tahini Dressing is a gorgeous reflection of all of my favorite colors of the season. I used to think that salads were such a boring thing to post to a food blog. This was before I started to think of them as empty canvases–blank slates that the home chef can fill with unique combinations of colors and textures.
The ways in which you can dress up a salad are endless, but it can be hard to find the best salad recipes out there to try! Lucky for you, I’m self-proclaiming this The Best Chopped Kale Salad with Tahini Dressing.
Don’t like kale? I dare you to give it another try with this recipe. Afraid of tahini? You won’t be after trying the dressing!! In fact, the tangy tahini dressing in this recipe is the perfect complement to bitter kale. It completely changes the flavor profile of the dish!
Other recipes you should check out for the beginning of fall include:
- Roasted Parsnip and Pear Blender Soup
- Tangy Red Cabbage Slaw with Beets
- Coconut Braised Vegan Collard Greens
And if you like kale during this time of year, you might also like the Slow Cooker Kale and White Bean Soup.
Chopped Kale Salad with Tahini Dressing
- 5 cups dinosaur kale - roughly chopped
- 1 apple - cored and diced
- 1/2 cup red onion - diced
- 2 carrots - sliced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Combine the roughly chopped kale, chopped apple pieces, diced red onion, sliced carrots, and dried cranberries in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the tahini, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, and sea salt. If the dressing is too thick, add a few drops of water. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well. Enjoy!
Pin this Chopped Kale Salad with Tahini Dressing now to make later!