This easy vegetarian recipe makes the BEST Greek lentil salad! It’s full of refreshing veggies and herbs mixed with protein-packed lentils, tangy goat cheese, and a simple lemon olive oil dressing. Savor the Mediterranean flavors in every bite.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, see my affiliate disclosure.
When the hardest part of a recipe is cooking the lentils, you know it’s going to become a go-to dish in your meal rotation! I’m talking about this new Greek lentil salad, in case you didn’t know ;-).
With crunchy summer veggies and fresh herbs, every bite is a refreshing burst of flavor. The dressing is basic but delicious, made from fresh lemon juice and olive oil. And the goat cheese adds just the right amount of tanginess.
The whole thing comes together in 30 minutes. It makes a great plant-based dinner or side dish, and it can be packed up for lunch to take to school or work.
How to Make Greek Lentil Salad
Here’s a preview of the recipe steps. Scroll down to the recipe card at the bottom of the post for the full details.
- Cook the lentils.
- Chop the veggies.
- Make the dressing.
- Put it all together, mix well, and BOOM!!!
- You can use any type of lentil for this salad. I used brown lentils. Just remember to check the package for cooking instructions, since cooking times vary depending on the type.
- You can make the dressing a few days in advance and keep it in the fridge. Mix well before pouring over the Greek lentil salad.
- If you want to prep the whole salad in advance, combine all of the ingredients except the goat cheese and dressing. Wait to add those until just before serving.
- Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 or 4 days.
- Serve as a vegetarian main dish. It also pairs well with baked or grilled fish or meat.
More Lentil Recipes
If you love this Greek lentil salad, I have some other recipes using lentils. Check out the Lemony Fennel Lentil Salad with Parsley, Mushroom and Lentil Ragu Recipe, BBQ Lentils with Shredded Carrots, and the Black Lentil Salad with Kale and Pomegranate.
I’d love to hear how you like this recipe! Rate/review using the stars on the recipe card or in the comments, and follow the Veg World on YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. Looking for something totally different? Browse the recipe library.
Greek Lentil Salad
For the salad
- 1 cup dry brown lentils - about 2.5 cups cooked
- 1 cucumber - peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 bell pepper - seeded and diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes - halved
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- ¼ cup chopped fresh oregano - more to taste
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint - more to taste
- ½ cup crumbled goat cheese - more to taste
For the dressing
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon - juiced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Cook the lentils according to package instructions. I usually combine one cup dry lentils with three cups water or broth in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 20 to 25 minutes until tender. Check the lentils at 18 minutes to make sure they aren't mushy.
- While the lentils cook, chop the veggies and herbs. Then, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, and salt.
- Combine the lentils, veggies, herbs, and goat cheese in a mixing bowl. Pour the dressing over the salad, and stir to combine. Enjoy!
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for a few days.
- You can make the dressing a few days in advance and keep in the fridge. Mix well before pouring over the salad.
- You can also make the salad in advance, but I recommend combining all of the ingredients except the goat cheese and dressing then adding those right before serving.
- Feel free to substitute different herbs, like basil or parsley, and other veggies.
Happy weekend! – Lizzie
Leave a Reply