Eat more veggies and fruits with the help of this mango kale smoothie bowl! It’s loaded with nutritious ingredients. Avocado provides creaminess, almond butter contributes some protein, and Nature Nate’s honey adds sweetness to balance the earthy kale. It’s easy to eat more green smoothie bowls with this recipe.
This post is sponsored by Nature Nate’s Honey Co. It also contains affiliate links. For more information, see my affiliate and sponsored content disclosures.
What’s better than sipping on a delicious green smoothie? Eating it with a spoon! Smoothie bowls are great options to switch up your meals or snacks. Plus, the possibilities for toppings are endless.
I can’t believe it’s taken me so long to get a smoothie bowl recipe on the blog. But trust me, it was worth the wait. The flavor combo of this mango kale smoothie bowl is unbeatable. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.
Of course, the veggies and fruits in this recipe are great and all, but the real MVP is Nature Nate’s honey. This raw honey has the perfect amount of sweet flavor to complement earthy kale and bring out the tastes of mango and banana. You don’t even need a lot of it either. Adding a drizzle of Nature Nate’s instead of a heavily processed sugar is a healthy swap that makes it easy to not go overboard with added sweeteners.
Since Nature Nate’s honey is raw and unfiltered, you will literally be enjoying honey straight from the hive! It’s also supremely smooth and blends really well. I really notice the purity of this honey in its consistency and color. Go on and give this smoothie bowl a try to see for yourself!
How to Make a Mango Kale Smoothie Bowl
- Gather and prepare the ingredients. Wash and roughly chop the kale. Get the other ingredients and toppings ready.
- Add the kale, tropical fruits, avocado, almond butter, and Nature Nate’s honey to a blender. Pour in a small amount of water and blend until smooth.
- Transfer blended smoothie to bowls and add toppings. Enjoy with a spoon!
The full ingredients list and instructions are in the recipe card at the bottom of this post. Before you get to that, here are some expert tips for making a perfect mango kale smoothie bowl.
- Want to find Nature Nate’s honey to make this recipe? It’s available on their website, at many large grocery stores and retailers (like Target), and on Amazon.
- Smoothie bowls are often made to have a thick texture. If you want to make yours thick, start by adding a small amount of water (like ½ cup) at first. You need enough water to help the ingredients blend together but not too much that it gets too liquidy. Experiment with adding small amounts of water at a time until you reach the desired thickness.
- Possible toppings include sliced fruit, nuts, granola, unsweetened shredded coconut, creamy nut butters, mini chocolate chips or shaved chocolate, and/or hemp, chia, or flax seeds. An extra drizzle of Nature Nate’s is also fair game!
- A mango kale smoothie bowl is best enjoyed right away. You can make it a few hours in advance and keep it in an airtight container in the fridge until you’re ready to eat. However, the color or consistency may change over time and it may not be as good.
Other Green Smoothie Recipes
If you enjoyed this smoothie bowl, I have plenty of other green smoothies for you to try! Check out the Avocado Mango Smoothie with Spinach, Tropical Swiss Chard Smoothie, Super Green Broccoli Smoothie, and Green Pea Smoothie with Mint. For another smoothie that uses Nature Nate’s, see the Blood Orange Smoothie.
Watch How to Make a Kale Smoothie Bowl
I’d love to hear how you like this recipe! Rate/review using the stars on the recipe card or in the comments, and follow the Veg World on YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. Looking for something totally different? Browse the recipe library.
Mango Kale Smoothie Bowl
- 2 cups kale - stems removed and roughly chopped
- 1 cup frozen mango
- ½ frozen banana
- ½ avocado
- 2 tablespoons creamy almond butter - can sub nut butter of choice
- 2 teaspoons Nature Nate's honey
- Water - start with ½ to ¾ cup and go from there
- Toppings of choice - sliced fruits, nuts, creamy nut butters, unsweetened shredded coconut, granola, hemp or chia seeds
- Combine the kale, mango, banana, avocado, almond butter, honey, and water in a blender. Blend until smooth, about 30-60 seconds.
- Pour into bowls, add desired toppings, and enjoy!
- Leave a rating or review by tapping the stars on this recipe card (above) or in the comments section (at the end of the post).
- Nutrition facts do not include toppings.
- To get to your desired thickness, adjust the amount of water you add to the recipe.
- Smoothie bowls are best enjoyed right away. If want to make it in advance, keep in an airtight container in the fridge. Eat within a couple of hours.
Happy blending! – Lizzie