This incredibly delicious sugar snap pea salad features cantaloupe, goat cheese, slivered almonds, and a simple honey lemon dressing. It’s a refreshing, no cook recipe for any summer evening.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, see my affiliate disclosure.
I’m having so much fun with my vegetable garden this year! (Check out my garden diary to see what I’m growing.) In the past few years, we spent a lot of time traveling in the summer, so being able to stay home and focus on my veggies this year has been a silver lining.
My most successful veggies thus far are my sugar snap peas! I heard they were easy to grow, and I’m so glad that was true for me too. We picked our first batch last week and have plenty more that will be ready before the weekend.
Naturally, I’ve been brainstorming some fun recipes with snap peas, and that’s how I landed on this Fresh Melon and Sugar Snap Pea Salad! It’s loosely based off of a salad from Bon Appetit but with several modifications.
In addition to the cantaloupe and peas, I added slivered almonds, goat cheese, and a lemon-based dressing. Little did I know how well lemon goes with melon! The lemon juice really brings out the sweetness of the cantaloupe juices, especially if you let the finished dish sit for an hour or so in the fridge.
Besides having an amazing flavor, this sugar snap pea salad is such an easy dish. It takes about 15 minutes to whip up, and it’s a great option for those hot summer nights when you REALLY don’t want to turn on your oven. I’ll definitely be making it on repeat this year.
- Dice the cantaloupe in advance and keep in the fridge until it’s time to assemble the salad. Your prep time will be close to nothing if you do this!
- Although I haven’t personally tried it, I think this salad would also be delicious with honeydew, other types of summer melons, or even peaches. Please report back if you try a variation!
- Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Melon and sugar snap pea salad tastes REALLY good if you let it sit for an hour or so in the fridge. Of course, it tastes great when eaten right away too, but I was pleasantly surprised at how the lemon juice and cantaloupe flavors melded together in the fridge to make a sweeter dish.
- Serve with my Summer Squash and Dill Salmon Burgers for an easy meal.
I’d love to hear how you like this recipe! Rate/review using the stars on the recipe card or in the comments, and follow the Veg World on YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. Looking for something totally different? Browse the recipe library.
Fresh Melon and Sugar Snap Pea Salad
- Combine the cantaloupe, snap peas, goat cheese, and almonds in a serving bowl or on individual serving plates. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, honey, and lemon juice. Pour the dressing over the salad and stir to combine. Sprinkle with regular or flaky sea salt before serving. Enjoy!
- This dish can be served right away or stored in an airtight container in the fridge for an hour or more before serving to let the flavors meld. The cantaloupe gets sweeter when it sits in the lemon juice. Leftovers can last in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- I like to use log goat cheese and crumble it myself so that it’s extra creamy!
Enjoy these summer nights! – Lizzie