Last Updated on
Can you tell I’ve been on a mega pepper kick this summer? Whether I’m whipping up some blistered shishito peppers for a quick snack or dipping raw bell peppers into hummus, I’ve been all about these colorful veggies lately!
One of the tastiest ways to use up a summer stash of peppers is to roast them! Seriously, why does roasting make everything taste so good?
When it comes to bell peppers, roasting transforms them into tender and flavorful strips that taste amazing on their own, on sandwiches or salads, or as an addition to a charcuterie board.
And the process for these Easy Roasted Red Peppers is so simple, you could do it in your sleep! Although I don’t recommend that…you know, for fire safety reasons and everything.
To make your own roasted red peppers, you’ll first want to pick some up from the store or farmers market. When you get home, slice and de-seed the peppers before popping them in the oven. Seriously, that’s it. You can even use different colors of peppers if you want.
The magic really happens after you take the peppers out of the oven and get ready to store or eat them. Roasted red peppers soak up flavors incredibly well, so a dash of olive oil and few cloves of garlic will really transform these bad boys.
Lucky for you, I’ve included both my foolproof method of making the BEST easy roasted red peppers, as well as the things I add to them after they’re cooked for more flavor.
If I were you, I’d bookmark this page for the weekend 😉 ….
Easy Roasted Red Peppers
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic - pressed or chopped
- Sea salt - to taste
- Ground black pepper - to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Prepare the peppers by slicing them in half and de-seeding them. Transfer them to the baking sheet and place them cut side down. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until they appear wilted and slightly charred.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Use your fingers to peel off the outer layer of skin. Running them under water while you peel can help speed up this process. Use a knife to slice the tender peppers into thin strips.
- Transfer the strips to a small bowl or glass container and add the olive oil, garlic, sea salt, and pepper. Store in the fridge and enjoy!
Pin these Easy Roasted Red Peppers now to make later!
Happy summer Friday!!