This Broccoli and Sweet Potato Frittata is a one skillet, vegetarian egg bake that’s great for large crowds or meal prep.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, see my affiliate disclosure.
Easiest way to “win” at hosting? Make an egg bake or frittata (like this recipe, or my Apple Pumpkin Frittata with Gouda or Easy Broccoli and Cheese Egg Bake). Seriously, they’re the best types of dishes for large crowds and holidays. And they’re so stinkin’ easy!
But my favorite thing about egg dishes is that you can add a ton of veggies to them. This is such a great thing for so many reasons, but especially because people have a hard time getting veggies in at breakfast.
So, this Broccoli and Sweet Potato Frittata might just be the way to your eating-more-veg goals. It’s filled with flavor and fiber, and loaded with protein. Plus, it has creamy goat cheese…YUM.
How to Make a Broccoli and Sweet Potato Frittata
If you’ve never made a frittata before, the process starts on the stove and finishes in the oven. BUT you only need to use one pan.
To make this specific recipe, first prep your mise-en-place (ingredients in place) and chop up a head of broccoli and an onion. Next, dice a sweet potato into small 1/4″ squares. You want them to be small enough so that they cook quickly in the skillet.
Heat a little oil in a cast iron, add the veggies, cook for ~10-15 minutes, then pour in the beaten eggs, salt, pepper, and crumbled goat cheese. Pop it in the oven, and you’re done.
What to Serve with a Frittata
This would be a great dish for brunch, and goes well with a side of mixed greens. You can also add this easy egg dish to a spread that includes these other recipes:
- Spiced Parsnip and Apple Baked Oatmeal
- Zucchini Carrot Oat Muffins
- Strawberry Rhubarb Baked Oatmeal Muffins
- Carrot and Orange Mimosas
- Parsnip Carrot Cake Granola
- Spiced Oat and Butternut Squash Muffins
OR, make it as part of your meal prep, and reheat a piece for breakfast in the morning!
If you make this recipe, be sure to rate and review it using the stars on the recipe card or in the comments, and don’t forget to follow and tag @its_a_vegworld_afterall on Instagram! Looking for something totally different? Browse the recipe library.
Broccoli and Sweet Potato Frittata
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Heat the olive oil in a 12-inch cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add the diced broccoli, sweet potato (make sure this is diced into small pieces that will cook quickly), and onion. Cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sweet potato is fork tender.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, pepper, and salt. After the veggies are done cooking, pour the eggs into the skillet. Sprinkle the crumbled goat cheese on top. Turn off the stove and wait 1-2 minutes until the bottom of the eggs set in the warm skillet.
- Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven using an oven mitt. Bake 15-17 minutes or until the eggs are cooked through. Enjoy warm!
Have a great week!