Upgrade your football watch parties and tailgates with these Buffalo Chickpea Salad Celery Sticks!
Happy Tuesday from Philadelphia! I’m visiting home this week for my sister and soon-to-be brother-in-law’s wedding this weekend.
After I log off tonight, I’m hoping to take a few days off and put up my OOK (“out of kitchen”) so that I can fully enjoy the festivities…and of course, perform my matron of honor duties by assisting with last minute errands.
But before I fully log off, I wanted to post my rendition of a “crunchy snack” for football season in honor of this month’s Recipe Redux. These Buffalo Chickpea Salad Celery Sticks are the perfect way to add some plant-based goodness to your fall/back-to-school/football watch party appetizer spreads!
Because after all, nothing says “game day” quite like buffalo sauce. And nothing goes with buffalo quite like celery.
This chickpea salad is a plant-based rendition buffalo chicken, with hints of celery, red onion, and bleu cheese…all glued together by Greek yogurt. It tastes great stuffed in celery sticks, inside pita pockets, or tossed on top of a bed of fresh greens.
Some other game day snacks that you could serve with these Buffalo Chickpea Salad Celery Sticks include:
- Extra Crispy Baked Onion Rings
- Baked Kohlrabi Chips with Shallot Yogurt Dip
- Baked Orange Sesame Cauliflower
However you serve it, add another drizzle of buffalo sauce and a sprinkle of bleu cheese crumbles for a flavorful finish. Ooo! I just thought of another way to use it…on top of cucumber slices. Mmmm. As you can see, I’m pretty excited about this one.
Buffalo Chickpea Salad Celery Sticks
- 1 15.5 oz can chickpeas - rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup red onion - finely chopped
- 2 tbsp buffalo sauce
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp bleu cheese crumbles - more to taste
- 7 stalks celery
- In a large bowl, combine chickpeas, chopped red onions, buffalo sauce, Greek yogurt, and bleu cheese crumbles. Thinly slice 1 stalk of celery and add it to the mixture. Mix well.
- Slice the remaining stalks of celery into three pieces. Stuff each piece with a spoonful of chickpea salad. Garnish with a drizzle of buffalo sauce and more bleu cheese crumbles, to taste.
Pin these Buffalo Chickpea Salad Celery Sticks now to make later!
Enjoy the last few weeks of summer before football season officially starts! Go Eagles! 😉