Perfectly caramelized Dill and Maple Roasted Carrots are a healthy vegan side dish that pairs well with any meal, especially Easter dinner!
It’s hard to believe that Easter is next weekend. We have been so busy this spring, and with our recent move, I can’t seem to remember what day or week or month it is!
Thank goodness I had the foresight to plan some Easter veggie dishes when I put together my content calendar several weeks ago.
That’s when I came up with these Dill and Maple Roasted Carrots. They would be an excellent addition to Easter dinner. But honestly, they are a great companion to ANY meal!!
I had to stop myself from eating every single carrot when I was testing this recipe. Mainly because I wanted to save some for Will, and also because I didn’t want to turn my fingers and toes orange from eating too much beta-carotene.
(I’m mostly joking about that second reason, but carotenemia can actually happen).
How to Make Maple Roasted Carrots
You guys know I’m all about super easy recipes that still taste great, and that’s exactly what we have with this one!
These Dill and Maple Roasted Carrots have only five ingredients:
- Maple syrup (real, actual maple syrup…not the fake kind)
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
AND only five simple steps:
- Slice a pound of carrots into ¼″ pieces.
- Toss the carrot slices in the olive oil and maple syrup.
- Transfer them to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Spread them out evenly so they don’t overlap.
- Sprinkle them with the fresh dill and sea salt.
- Bake for about 20 minutes at 425!
This recipe serves about 2-3 people, so if you’re hosting Easter dinner (or just a dinner) for a larger group, you can double or triple the recipe. You will need to use a couple more baking sheets though.
Like I said, sooo easy…right?
If you’re looking for some other vegetable side dishes for Easter, check out:
- Parmesan Peas and Shallots
- Simple Shaved Carrot and Fennel Salad
- Apple Cider Brussels Sprouts
- Whole Roasted Onions
And remember, if you make this recipe, be sure to let me know how you like it by rating and reviewing it in the comments below!
Dill and Maple Roasted Carrots
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the carrots ¼" thick and toss in olive oil and maple syrup. Transfer them to the baking sheet and spread them out evenly without overlapping. Sprinkle the fresh dill and sea salt over the carrots.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until they are caramelized to your liking. Enjoy warm with more dill and sea salt to taste!
Happy almost weekend!