This vibrant and refreshing Mango Cucumber Salad has a beautiful balance of textures and flavors. It’s an ideal side dish for warm weather!
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, see my affiliate disclosure.
I’m a huge fan of fresh mangoes, and usually can’t wait to get my hands on some once the weather gets warm! They’re just so sweet and flavorful. Anyone else feel this way?!
In fact, one of my favorite recipes on the blog is my Double Pepper Mango Salsa (mangoes PLUS veggies = my fav, obvi) that got a makeover last summer. If you’re looking for a fun summer salsa, that one’s for you!
But if you’d rather use mangoes and vegetables in a different way, then this recipe is a winner. Sweet mangoes, crunchy cucumbers, and creamy avocado make for a unique and satisfying texture combination.
Top it all off with jalapeno, honey lime juice dressing, cilantro, and toasted sesame seeds, and you’ve got a sweet, slightly savory, and downright delicious dish.
How to Make Mango Cucumber Salad
The best part about cooking in the summer is that you probably don’t need to turn on your oven that much. At least in the case of this salad you don’t! You can honestly throw it together in a few minutes.
First, peel and dice the mango and cucumber, dice the avocado, and finely chop the jalapeno. (Here’s a tutorial post on How to Dice a Cucumber if you need it!) Then whip together the dressing and pour it over the salad.
The recipe yields about two big servings or four small ones. I recommend making it in such a small batch because it can get a little soggy if you make a big one that you plan to keep in the fridge for more than two days.
In other words, this is definitely a make-and-eat-right-away kind of dish!
Ways to Use Mango Cucumber Salad
It would even taste great with tortilla chips, like a salsa, or on top of tacos!
If you make this recipe, be sure to rate and review it in the comments below, and don’t forget to tag @its_a_vegworld_afterall on Instagram! Looking for something totally different? Browse the recipe library.
Mango Cucumber Salad
- 1 cucumber – peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 mango – peeled and diced
- 1 avocado – diced
- 1 jalapeno – seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp cilantro – chopped, more to taste
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
For the dressing:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lime – juiced
- 1 tbsp honey
- Peel the cucumber, slice it into quarters (lengthwise), remove the seeds, and dice into pieces. Prepare the mango by peeling it, cutting off each half lengthwise from the center pit, and dicing the flesh. Slice open the avocado, remove the pit, score the flesh, and scoop out the diced pieces with a spoon. Finally, slice off the top of the jalapeno, slice it in half, remove the seeds, and finely chop it. Combine everything in a large bowl. Add the cilantro and sesame seeds.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, and honey. Pour this over the salad and mix until it's well coated.
Pin this Mango Cucumber Salad now for later!