This vibrant and refreshing Mango Cucumber Salad recipe has a beautiful balance of textures and flavors. It’s an easy side dish for warm weather, complete with fresh cilantro, avocado, lime, and jalapeno!
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, see my affiliate disclosure.
I’m a huge fan of fresh mangoes, and usually can’t wait to get my hands on some once the weather gets warm! They’re just so sweet and flavorful. Anyone else feel this way?!
In fact, two of my favorite recipes on the blog are my Double Pepper Mango Salsa and Mango Corn Salsa with Black Beans (mangoes PLUS veggies = my fav, obvi). If you’re looking for a fun summer salsa, check those out!
But if you’d rather use mangoes and vegetables in a different way, then this recipe is a winner. Sweet mangoes, crunchy cucumbers, and creamy avocado make for a unique and satisfying texture combination.
Top it all off with jalapeno, honey lime juice dressing, cilantro, and toasted sesame seeds, and you’ve got a sweet, slightly savory, and downright delicious dish.
How to Make Mango Cucumber Salad
The best part about cooking in the summer is that you probably don’t need to turn on your oven that much. At least in the case of this salad you don’t! You can honestly throw it together in a few minutes.
First, peel and dice the mango and cucumber, dice the avocado, and finely chop the jalapeno. (Here’s a tutorial post on How to Dice a Cucumber for salad if you need it!) Then whip together the dressing and pour it over the salad.
The recipe yields about two big servings or four small ones. I recommend making it in such a small batch because it can get a little soggy if you make a big one that you plan to keep in the fridge for more than two days.
In other words, this is definitely a make-and-eat-right-away kind of dish!
It would even taste great with tortilla chips, like a salsa, or on top of tacos!
More Healthy Cucumber Recipes
- Cucumber Melon Fruit and Vegetable Popsicles
- Sesame Bell Pepper and Cucumber Noodle Salad
- Chickpea Salad Cucumber Boats
- Chili Lime Jicama and Cucumber Salad
I’d love to hear how you like this recipe! Rate/review using the stars on the recipe card or in the comments, and follow the Veg World on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. Looking for something totally different? Browse the recipe library.
Mango Cucumber Salad
- 1 cucumber – peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 mango – peeled and diced
- 1 avocado – diced
- 1 jalapeno – seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp cilantro – chopped, more to taste
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Peel the cucumber, slice it into quarters (lengthwise), remove the seeds, and dice into pieces. Prepare the mango by peeling it, cutting off each half lengthwise from the center pit, and dicing the flesh. Slice open the avocado, remove the pit, score the flesh, and scoop out the diced pieces with a spoon. Finally, slice off the top of the jalapeno, slice it in half, remove the seeds, and finely chop it. Combine everything in a large bowl. Add the cilantro and sesame seeds.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, and honey. Pour this over the salad and mix until it's well coated.
Happy summer! – Lizzie