Beat the heat with this chilled cucumber avocado soup! Made with simple vegan ingredients that contribute a creamy texture and slightly spicy flavor, it’s the best healthy cold soup recipe. You’ll get hints of cucumber, jalapeno, cilantro, and lemon in every bite!
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, see my affiliate disclosure.
Making chilled soup is an amazingly easy way to add more veggies to your meals, without any hassle or cooking! Seriously, you just need to gather the ingredients and toss them in a blender. Then blend, chill, and enjoy.
This variety, Chilled Cucumber Avocado Soup, comes together in a few minutes and has just a handful of ingredients. The cukes add a cool flavor, the avocado contributes creamy texture, and the jalapeno provides a spicy punch. I also added cilantro, lemon, and salt to round out the whole flavor profile. YUM.
Finally, I highly recommend serving the soup with some diced pineapple on top. It’s the perfect companion! Toasted bread or crostini go really well with it too.
Expert Tips for Chilled Cucumber Avocado Soup
- It’s best to let the soup chill for a couple hours in the fridge, but you can enjoy it right away instead if you don’t care about the temperature.
- For more spice, use a second jalapeno.
- If you don’t have a lemon, you can use a lime or ~1 to 2 tbsp of white wine vinegar.
- For a fun variation, substitute fresh dill for the cilantro.
- Don’t skimp on the toppings! I recommend adding chopped pineapple and cucumber. You can also add mango, crumbled feta cheese, or croutons.
- Leftovers will keep in the fridge for 3 to 5 days in an airtight container. I have not tried freezing this recipe, and I don’t know if it would work.
Chilled Cucumber Avocado Soup makes a great side to my Grilled Vegetable Skewers with Halloumi, Spinach Basil Pesto Quesadillas, Black Bean Beet Burgers, Sweet Potato and Black Bean Burgers, or the Rotisserie Chicken Salad Lettuce Cups. It also goes well with a sandwich or grilled cheese (like my Garlic Bread Grilled Cheese with Heirloom Tomato).
In the mood for another variety of cold soup? Check out the Summer Harvest Beet Gazpacho while you’re here!
More Cucumber Recipes
If this chilled avocado cucumber soup has you craving more cucumbers, you might enjoy the Chickpea Salad Cucumber Boats, Sesame Bell Pepper and Cucumber Noodle Salad, Healthy Cucumber Mint Lemonade, or Mango Cucumber Salad.
I’d love to hear how you like this recipe! Rate/review using the stars on the recipe card or in the comments, and follow the Veg World on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. Looking for something totally different? Browse the recipe library.
Chilled Cucumber Avocado Soup
- 1 large cucumber – peeled and chopped into a few pieces
- 1 avocado
- 1 jalapeno – trimmed and deseeded
- 1/2 lemon – juiced
- 3 tbsp fresh cilantro – use 1/4 cup for more flavor
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pineapple – for serving
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber – for serving
- Combine the cucumber, avocado flesh, jalapeno, lemon juice, cilantro, salt, and 1/2 cup water in a blender. Blend until smooth, adding more water as needed. Taste, and adjust seasonings as desired.
- Chill the soup for at least an hour (preferably 2 or more) in the fridge before serving. Serve with chopped pineapple and cucumber.
- For more of a lemon flavor, add some lemon zest in addition to the juice.
- If you want the soup to be spicier, use a second jalapeno.
- For a variation, use fresh dill instead of cilantro.
- Other topping ideas include: fresh mango, feta cheese, or croutons.
- Leftovers will last in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 to 5 days.
Have a great weekend! – Lizzie