Sweet and salty and incredibly easy to prepare, this vegan bok choy stir fry is made with fresh mango, protein-packed edamame, and a basic stir fry sauce. Serve this healthy dinner on its own or with brown rice.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, see my affiliate disclosure.
There is truly nothing better than complete meals that are veggie-loaded, made in one pan, and ready in less than 30 minutes! And this Vegan Bok Choy Stir Fry with Mango checks all of those boxes.
A year into the pandemic, I’m really feeling the cooking fatigue. I’m sure many of you can relate. That’s why I decided to revisit this easy recipe, tweak the ingredients list, and add new photos.
I needed something unique and fun, but also ridiculously easy, to get us out of our cooking rut. Bok choy mango stir fry is certainly unique, and I was not disappointed by the sweet, salty, and savory flavor notes.
So, if you’re on the hunt for a new dish to add to your routine as we enter a new season, here you go! I hope you enjoy.
How to Make Vegan Bok Choy Stir Fry
- Prepare the edamame according to package instructions if needed.
- Heat some olive oil in a large skillet. Add the chopped bok choy, mango, and bell pepper. Cook for a few minutes until the bok choy wilts and the pepper gets tender.
- Stir in the cooked edamame. Whisk together the stir fry sauce in a separate bowl.
- Pour the sauce into the stir fry, stir to coat the veggies, and cook for a few minutes until warmed through.
For the full recipe, scroll down to the recipe card. These tips will help you make a perfect stir fry.
- Vegan bok choy stir fry can be enjoyed on its own or served over brown rice or quinoa. For more protein, add tofu or shredded chicken (if you don’t need it to be vegan).
- Purchase cooked edamame or prepare the edamame ahead of time. The dish will come together really quickly!
- For tips on how to prepare bok choy for cooking, see my tutorial on How to Cut Bok Choy.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 2 to 3 days. Enjoy cold or reheat in the microwave for about a minute.
More Stir Fry Recipes
If you love my vegan bok choy stir fry with mango, check out the Baby Portobello Mushroom Stir Fry, Turnip Stir Fry with White Beans, and Spaghetti Squash Stir Fry with Edamame and Broccoli. You may also enjoy the Sesame Ginger Roasted Bok Choy and Vegetarian Bok Choy Miso Soup.
Did you make this recipe? I’d love to hear how you like it! Please rate/review using the stars on the recipe card or in the comments section. While you’re here, subscribe to the weekly newsletter for more veggie-forward dishes.
Vegan Bok Choy Stir Fry with Mango
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 to 5 heads baby bok choy - chopped, ~4 to 6 cups
- 1 mango - peeled and diced
- 1 bell pepper - diced
- 1 cup cooked edamame
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the sauce. Reserve for later use.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the bok choy, mango, and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 7 to 8 minutes or until the greens are wilted and the pepper is tender.
- Stir in the edamame and sauce. Cook for another few minutes until the dish is warmed through.
- Serve warm on its own over brown rice or quinoa (optional). Enjoy!
- Purchase cooked edamame or cook it ahead of time to cut down on prep time for this recipe.
- For more protein, add tofu (vegan) or shredded chicken (not vegan).
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Enjoy cold or reheat in the microwave until warmed through.
Have a great weekend! – Lizzie
This post was originally published in June 2018. It was updated with new photos and tweaks to the ingredients list in March 2021.