These Honey Sriracha Brussels Sprouts are equal parts sweet and spicy and have only four ingredients – the perfect veggie side dish!
What are your thoughts on brussels sprouts? Yay or nay? I honestly love ’em (no surprise there), especially when they’re all dolled up in a delicious sauce.
But word on the Veg World streets is that some people may not feel the same way about brussels sprouts as I do. I have a theory about this. It’s probably because some of you were first introduced to brussels sprouts as the mushy, smelly green things that your parents made you eat at dinner, huh?
Well, I never experienced brussels sprouts as a kid. I don’t know why but we never seemed to have them for dinner. So lucky for me, my first brussels experience was crispy, parmesan coated brussels sprouts at the restaurant where I had my first waitressing job.
If you’re thinking “that sounds amazing”…it was! I’ve been hooked on sprouts ever since, and this brussels sprouts recipe is my new favorite way to eat them.
With just four ingredients (brussels sprouts, olive oil, honey, and sriracha), it’s hard to believe that these Honey Sriracha Brussels Sprouts are as flavorful as they are. Simply put, they’re delightfully sweet and spicy.
PS – do you like my brussels sprouts towel (below)?! (compliments of my soon-to-be sister-in-law Morgan!) I wasn’t able to find this exact towel online to share with you, but if you’re looking for one like it, check out Target!
Tips for Making Sautéed Honey Sriracha Brussels Sprouts
If you want to make killer sautéed brussels sprouts, follow these suggestions:
- Sauté them with the cut side down. Wash and trim the brussels sprouts and then slice them in half. Heat some olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat, and place the sliced brussels sprouts face down in the pan.
- Let them cook for a few minutes before adding the honey sriracha sauce, and then keep ’em going until they reach your desired crispiness. It’s that easy!
It’s that easy!
You can serve these Honey Sriracha Brussels Sprouts with fish, burgers, or on the side of rice and beans. They taste best right out of the skillet. I doubt you’ll have leftovers, but if you do, beware that they can be a little soggy the next day.
Sautéed Honey Sriracha Brussels Sprouts
- Prepare the brussels sprouts by washing and trimming them, then slicing them in half.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp of the olive oil over medium high heat. Place the brussels sprouts in the skillet, cut side down. Be careful not to overlap them. Let the brussels sprouts cook for 7 to 10 minutes or until the cut sides begin to brown.
- While the brussels are cooking, whisk together the other tbsp of olive oil, honey, and sriracha in a small bowl. Add the sauce to the skillet and use a rubber spatula to stir the brussels sprouts and coat them in the sauce. Cook for another few minutes
- Serve warm and enjoy!