A delicious jalapeno lime dressing makes for a slightly spicy watermelon salad, but it also has hints of sweet, salty, and cool flavors from feta and mint. For only a handful of ingredients, there’s so much variety!
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, see my affiliate disclosure.
With yesterday and today’s high temperatures in the 90s, I’ve been craving ALL the hydrating foods. Lucky for me, I found a gigantic watermelon at Trader Joe’s this weekend!
We got SO much watermelon out of that bad boy that I just knew I had to use it for a blog recipe somehow. Then I experimented with the Honey Jalapeno Lime Dressing that I posted yesterday. And I started to think…how would it taste with fruit?
Soon enough it dawned on me to create a spicy watermelon salad of sorts with that delicious dressing! I added some feta cheese for a little salty kick and torn fresh mint leaves for a cooling effect, and this simple recipe was born.
If you’re looking for a tasty dish to serve for Father’s Day, 4th of July, or any summer meal, you’re in the right place. Watermelon salad is so easy to make, and in classic Veg World fashion, this version even includes some veggies via the jalapeno dressing.
- I like to serve this dish cold, so I recommend slicing up the watermelon a few hours before you plan to eat. Store in the fridge in an airtight container to chill.
- You can make the dressing up to a couple days in advance, but shake well before drizzling over the salad.
- The jalapeno dressing is key to making this a spicy watermelon salad, but you could accomplish the same thing with my Healthy Creamy Jalapeno Sauce if you’re interested in a different variation.
- Fresh mint counters the spiciness from the dressing, but you could substitute fresh basil or cilantro if that’s what you have on hand.
Serve this salad on the side of the Summer Squash and Dill Salmon Burgers, Sweet Potato and Black Bean Burgers, or the BBQ Lentils with Shredded Carrots. Add another side, like the Grilled Broccolini with Lemon and Parmesan, and you’ll have a delicious meal on your hands!
More Summer Salads
If you enjoy this spicy watermelon salad, check out these other dishes while you’re here!
- Blueberry Spinach Salad with Strawberry Tahini
- Sweet Corn and Cherry Arugula Salad
- Strawberry Goat Cheese Salad with Butter Lettuce
- Cashew Cabbage Salad with Bok Choy
I’d love to hear how you like this recipe! Rate/review using the stars on the recipe card or in the comments, and follow the Veg World on YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. Looking for something totally different? Browse the recipe library.
Spicy Watermelon Salad with Feta and Mint
- 6 cups watermelon - cubed
- ½ cup crumbled feta
- 6 to 8 mint leaves - roughly torn
- Arrange the watermelon on a large platter or individual plates. Sprinkle the crumbled feta on top, followed by the torn mint leaves.
- In a blender, combine the ingredients for the dressing and blend until smooth. Alternatively, you can chop up the jalapeno and whisk it together with the other ingredients in a small bowl. Pour the dressing over the salad. Garnish with mint leaves. Serve and enjoy.
- I like to chop the watermelon a few hours before serving so that it can sit in the fridge and get cold.
- Sub basil or cilantro for fresh mint if desired.
- This salad is best served right away, and leftovers do not keep well.
Enjoy the sunshine and heat! – Lizzie