Grilled broccolini is the perfect summer side dish! It’s tender, caramelized, and ready in under 15 minutes. In this rendition, juice from charred lemons and a sprinkling of parmesan cheese takes the flavor up a notch.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, see my affiliate disclosure.
Why hello, Veg World! I’m popping in on this beautiful Friday to share the latest vegetable recipe that I’ve been crushing on – grilled broccolini!
Pretty much all grilled vegetables are delicious, but long, lanky broccolini stalks are really something else! Their shape is ideal for getting evenly charred and caramelized on the grill. And because they’re so skinny, they take almost no time to cook.
I’m not kidding when I say that I’ll be making this one over and over again this summer, especially when I need something on the table fast! I highly suggest you do too, or that you at least try it for Father’s Day.
It’s not only the broccolini, also known as baby broccoli or broccolette, that’s amazing. I threw a couple lemon halves on the grill too and squeezed the juice on top before serving, then I added some freshly grated parmesan. These simple additions changed the whole darn game!
How to Grill Broccolini
- Preheat the grill to medium high.
- Wash and trim the broccolini. Toss it in olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Slice a lemon in half.
- Place the broccolini and lemon halves directly on the grill or on mesh grill mats on top of the racks. Cook, turning the stalks often, until caramelized.
It’s seriously so easy! But be sure to keep a close eye. Grilled broccolini cooks up really fast!
More Grilled Veggie Recipes
- Grilled Stuffed Mushrooms with Caprese Salad
- Grilled Crispy Buffalo Cauliflower Lettuce Cups
- Mango and Grilled Corn Salsa with Black Beans
- Garlic Rosemary Grilled Cauliflower Foil Packets
Looking for other dishes with broccolini? Check out the Chili Sesame Sauteed Broccolini while you’re here!
I’d love to hear how you like this recipe! Rate/review using the stars on the recipe card or in the comments, and follow the Veg World on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. Looking for something totally different? Browse the recipe library.
Grilled Broccolini with Lemon and Parmesan
- Preheat the grill to medium high. Wash and trim the broccolini then prepare it for grilling by tossing in olive oil. Season generously with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the broccolini directly on the grill or on mesh grill mats, followed by the lemon halves cut side down. Cook the broccolini for 6 to 9 minutes, rotating often to promote even caramelization, until it is charred and tender to your liking.
- Remove the broccolini and lemons from the grill and transfer to serving plates. Drizzle with juice from the lemons and sprinkle with parmesan cheese to taste. Enjoy!
- Other seasoning ideas: flaky sea salt, red pepper flakes, and garlic powder.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for a couple days. Reheat on high in the microwave for 1 to 2 minutes, or enjoy them cold.
- To make vegan, omit the parmesan cheese.
Happy weekend! – Lizzie