These Creamy Peanut Zucchini Noodles with Chicken make a delicious and healthy dinner that’s ready in under 30 minutes and uses only one pan! It’s a great option for a busy weeknight, and the leftovers keep well for lunch the next day.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, see my affiliate disclosure.
One of my favorite ways to use summer squash is to run those bad boys through the spiralizer to get a heaping pile of “zoodles.” The resulting product is a low-carb option that’s a healthy substitution for noodle-based recipes. Plus, their flavor is so mild that you can dress up your zoodles with any sauce or dressing that you’d like!
Of course, there’s nothing wrong with enjoying actual noodles with peanut sauce, like my Peanut Soba Noodles with Roasted Broccoli. But I highly recommend these Creamy Peanut Zucchini Noodles with Chicken if you want to switch it up and get some more veggies in your life.
That’s sort of the point of this blog, after all.
Not only is this recipe loaded with veggies, but it’s also a super quick and easy dish for those busy back-to-school nights. You can even cook the chicken and make the peanut sauce in advance to cut back on prep time. Ready to try it yet?
How to Make Peanut Zucchini Noodles with Chicken
- Dice up the chicken, and cook it in a large skillet for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Add the peanut sauce to the skillet, and stir until the chicken is coated.
- Stir in the zucchini noodles.
- Cook for several more minutes, stirring occasionally, until the noodles cook down and the ingredients are all coated in the peanut sauce. Top with scallions and chopped peanuts.
This is a pretty foolproof recipe, but to make the best possible Creamy Peanut Zucchini Noodles with Chicken, follow these tips.
- If you don’t have a spiralizer (that’s the link to the one I recommend, FYI), you can find pre-made zucchini noodles at most large grocery stores. They are typically found in the produce section.
- Be sure to cut the zucchini noodles into shorter pieces that are easier to eat before adding them to the skillet. Kitchen scissors or a sharp knife will do the trick!
- Add the zucchini noodles towards the end of cooking. This ensures that they don’t get too soft or soggy. You want them to still be slightly crunchy by the time you’re finished cooking the recipe. (Note: In a previous version of this recipe, I cooked the zucchini noodles at the beginning then added them back to the skillet at a later time. This is unnecessary.)
- To save prep time, make the peanut sauce in advance and keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Stir well before using. You can also cook the chicken in advance.
- To make this completely gluten free, use tamari instead of soy sauce.
- These Creamy Peanut Zucchini Noodles with Chicken make great leftovers. Store them in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 to 4 days. You can enjoy this dish hot or cold! Reheat in the microwave for 1 to 2 minutes on high.
More Easy Weeknight Meals
If you love the simplicity of this flavorful dish, you may also enjoy these other main dish recipes for busy nights. Check out the One Pan Lemon Artichoke Chicken, Healthy Chicken Fajita Bowls, and the Healthy Chicken and Leek Pasta Bake. For another zucchini recipe, see the Baked Italian Zucchini Balls.
If you make this recipe, I’d love to hear how you like it! Please rate/review using the stars on the recipe card or in the comments section. For more of my recipes, subscribe to the weekly newsletter while you’re here.
Creamy Peanut Zucchini Noodles with Chicken
For the sauce:
- Combine the ingredients for the creamy peanut sauce in a small bowl. Whisk until smooth, adding water as needed. Start with 2 tbsp warm water and slowly increase the amount if needed. Dice the chicken, and prepare the zucchini noodles with the spiralizer. Using a sharp knife or kitchen scissors, cut the noodles into shorter pieces that are easier to eat.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add the diced chicken, and cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side, or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink.
- Pour the peanut sauce into the skillet, and stir until the chicken is coated in the sauce. Then, stir in the zucchini noodles. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-7 minutes until they cook down and are coated in the sauce. The skillet will be exceptionally full at first but the noodles really shrink as they cook.
- Remove the skillet from heat, and serve the dish with sliced scallions and chopped peanuts.
- If you do not have a spiralizer, you can purchase pre-made zucchini noodles at most large grocery stores in the produce section or even in the frozen goods aisle.
- Leftovers will last for up to 3 to 4 days in an airtight container in the fridge. You can eat them cold or reheat in the microwave for 1 to 2 minutes on high.
Have a happy and healthy week! – Lizzie
This recipe for Creamy Peanut Zucchini Noodles was originally published in July 2017. It was updated with new photos and tips in September 2020.