Photos for these Creamy Peanut Zucchini Noodles with Chicken were updated 7/18/18. Original writing remains.
Summer is here, and so is my love for the season’s produce!
After finishing my dietetic internship at the end of June, I have been spending my days in the kitchen, playing around with summertime veggies and adding a dash of my homegrown herbs. Oh, and studying. So. Much. Studying! After 10 intense months at the VA, I am so excited for the next steps in my career! Especially the continuation of my blog…
Today’s post features zucchini. One of my favorite ways to use this summer squash is to run those bad boys through the spiralizer to get a heaping pile of “zoodles.” The resulting product is a low-carb option that’s a healthy substitution for noodle-based recipes. Plus, the flavor is so mild that you can dress up your zoodles with any sauce or dressing that you’d like!
By the way, if you are interested in purchasing a spiralizer, I use this one and absolutely love it.
Zucchini is rich in B vitamins and vitamin C and filled with fiber. Add this vegetable to your summer meals for a fresh dose of nutrition!
Creamy Peanut Zucchini Noodles with Chicken
For the sauce:
All other ingredients:
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 medium zucchinis - peeled and spiralized
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 scallions - sliced
- 1/2 cup peanuts - to taste
- Combine the ingredients for the creamy peanut sauce in a small bowl. Whisk until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Dice chicken into small pieces. Cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side, or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink. Remove from heat. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in the same skillet. Add zoodles and sauté for 5-7 minutes until they shrink and turn semi-translucent.
- Add scallions, peanuts, and cooked chicken, and heat for 1 minute. Add the peanut sauce and mix until coated. You may want to start off by adding just half of the sauce and then seeing if you need more. Enjoy!
Pin these Creamy Peanut Zucchini Noodles now to make later!
Have a happy and healthy weekend!