Last Updated on
I like to think of this recipe as a gateway dish to spring. With fresh spring flavors like garlic, lemon, and parsley, it may seem better for April than for February! Oh but don’t you worry, I still snuck some winter ingredients in there. Butternut squash, anyone?!
With this combo of flavors, these Garlic Lemon Butternut Squash Noodles and Shrimp are perfect for a late winter evening when all you can think of is spring! Plus, it’s a great pescatarian recipe for a Friday in Lent.
As you all know, I absolutely love my spiralizer. That’s what I used to make these noodles, of course…
If I didn’t store my spiralizer in the highest cabinet in the kitchen, I’d probably use it for every meal. #ShortPeopleProblems, right?!
PS, if you’re looking for a spiralizer, I love this one from Amazon!
Instead of the classic stringy veggie noodles I typically make, I switched up the blade to create thicker strands of butternut squash. I love the appearance of these, but I will say that the thinner noodles are easier to cook. So, feel free to use any size of butternut squash noodles for this recipe!
In my opinion, garlic and lemon are a match made in heaven, and go with just about anything! They were the first two flavors I thought of when creating this dish, and the end result exceeded my expectations. Both shrimp and butternut squash proved to be ideal companions for this flavor profile.
Serve a side salad with this dish for a tasty and quick dinner for two, or meal prep this recipe and enjoy for lunches at work! Convinced to try it yet? Go on, grab a butternut squash while you still can, and whip it up!
For more recipes using spiralized veggies, check out:
- Blender Frittata with Spiralized Beets and Goat Cheese
- Spiralized Rutabaga Breakfast Bowls
- Zesty Sunflower Carrot Spirals
Garlic Lemon Butternut Squash Noodles and Shrimp
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 lb shrimp - fresh or frozen (thawed)
- 2 tbsp butter - can sub ghee or extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Parlsey - to taste
- Sea salt and pepper - to taste
- Peel the butternut squash. Slice off the bottom portion with the seeds and save for another recipe. You will only be able to spiralize the top portion. Use a spiralizer to prepare butternut squash noodles.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tbsp olive oil and 3 cloves garlic over medium high heat. Add noodles and stir until coated. Cook for 15 minutes, or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally.
- In a medium skillet, heat 2 tbsp butter and 3 cloves garlic over medium high heat. Add fresh or frozen and thawed shrimp. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until shrimp are fully cooked, stirring occasionally. Add shrimp to butternut squash noodles. Remove both skillets from heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the last 2 tbsp of olive oil and the lemon juice. Toss shrimp and noodles in mixture. Season with salt, pepper, and fresh parsley to taste. Enjoy!
Pin this one to make later!!! I know you want to :-).
Have a great weekend!