Grilled sweet corn is an easy and delicious side dish for any summer meal! This quick grilled corn on the cob recipe features homemade cilantro chimichurri, a flavorful sauce made with fresh herbs.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, see my affiliate disclosure.
Happy Friday, friends! I’m popping in to share a quick summer recipe that uses the Easy Cilantro Chimichurri Sauce I posted earlier this week.
Perfectly grilled ears of corn are drizzled with chimichurri before serving, which provides an intense flavor boost and a beautiful pop of color.
It’s so fresh and seasonal but also incredibly simple. I especially love how the delicious combination of flavors reflects the August harvest. Plus, this sweet corn recipe is fully vegan.
So, if you’re looking for a good way to use the summer corn you picked up at the farmers market or received in your CSA box, this recipe is for you!
How to Grill Corn Without the Husks
The best way to grill corn is up for debate, but personally I like to remove the husks before I put it on the grill. Then, I brush the ears with a little oil and place them directly on the grill or on grill mats.
Close the hood of the grill and cook for 10 to 15 minutes over medium-high heat, rotating the ears of corn as needed to promote even cooking. Remove the grilled sweet corn and serve with chimichurri. It’s as easy as that!
You can make the chimichurri while the corn is cooking or up to a couple weeks in advance. It keeps really well in the fridge.
What to Serve with Grilled Sweet Corn
This dish goes well with grilled burgers or fish. I like to make it with my Grilled Vegetable Skewers with Halloumi or Sweet Potato and Black Bean Burgers. To round out your meal, consider adding the Fresh Peach Caprese Salad or Grilled Wedge Salad with Yogurt Blue Cheese Dressing.
In the mood for some more sweet corn while you’re here? Check out the Blueberry Sweet Corn Frozen Greek Yogurt Bark, Mango Corn Salsa with Black Beans, or Sweet Corn and Cherry Arugula Salad.
I’d love to hear how you like this recipe! Rate/review using the stars on the recipe card or in the comments, and follow the Veg World on YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. Looking for something totally different? Browse the recipe library.
Grilled Sweet Corn with Cilantro Chimichurri
- 4 ears sweet corn
- Olive oil
- Salt - to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper - to taste
- 1 cup Cilantro Chimichurri
- Preheat the grill to medium-high. Prepare the corn by removing the husks and any remaining strings from the ears. Brush each ear with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Place the corn on the grill, cover, and cook for 10-15 minutes, rotating occasionally to promote even cooking. Remove the corn when it is charred to your liking.
- While the corn is cooking, prepare the chimichurri sauce (click the link to the recipe in Ingredients to see directions). You can also prep the sauce up to a couple weeks in advance and keep in the fridge until you make this recipe.
- Serve the grilled corn with several spoonfuls of chimichurri. Enjoy!
- Serve with grilled burgers, fish, skewers, or veggie burgers for a complete meal.
Have a great weekend! – Lizzie
Leave a Reply