This Sheet Pan Orange Glazed Salmon and Broccolini is a flavorful weeknight dinner with minimal clean-up. It’s made with delicious, fresh ingredients, including orange and lemon juices, honey, sage, and sea salt.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, see my affiliate disclosure.
Now that we are officially into the holiday season, I know how important it is to have nutritious recipes that take almost no time to prepare. This sounds like a challenging feat, but I promise that it can be done, thanks to one kitchen tool in particular: the sheet pan!
I discovered sheet pan meals a few years ago, and they have been a game changer for our weeknight routine ever since. They involve throwing a protein and some veggies on a sheet pan with yummy seasonings. Then you roast the whole shebang for 20 to 30 minutes, and eat it up.
I’ve made a ton of sheet pan meals over the past few years, but this Orange Glazed Salmon and Broccolini proved to be one of the easiest combinations.
I chose to include salmon in this recipe since it doesn’t take that long to cook. But little did I know that broccolini would also cook perfectly in the same amount of oven time that the salmon needed.
Last but not least, the marinade for this orange glazed salmon is so uhhh-mazing. With hints of citrus, honey, and sage, I could probably drink it! Actually, that sounds like a great idea for a cocktail, huh?
Tips for Making the Best Honey Orange Glazed Salmon
As I said, this recipe is hella easy. But here are a few expert tips:
- Line your baking sheet for easy clean up.
- Don’t overcook this one. You want your salmon to flake easily with your fork. Start checking the salmon at 15 minutes
- Use both the juice and the zest of the lemon and orange for maximum flavor!
- Serve with brown or jasmine rice, quinoa, or some other type of whole grain or starchy vegetable to make this a complete meal.
If you love easy dinner recipes like I do, check out:
- Sheet Pan Dill Radishes and Salmon
- One Pan Lemon Artichoke Chicken
- Sheet Pan Maple Mustard Salmon and Brussels
- Baby Portobello Mushroom Stir Fry
- Coconut Cod with Fennel and Spinach
And don’t forget to rate and review this recipe in the comments below if you make it!
Sheet Pan Orange Glazed Salmon and Broccolini
- 2 salmon fillets - approximately 3 ounces each
- 1 bunch broccolini - about 10-12 stalks
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice - from 1/2 of an orange
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice - from 1/2 of a lemon
- 1 tbsp fresh sage - chopped
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Lemon zest - to taste
- Orange zest - to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare the broccolini by trimming the ends of each stalk. Transfer the broccolini to the sheet pan and arrange them so they are not overlapping. Leave an open area in the middle of the pan and place the salmon there.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, honey, freshly squeezed orange and lemon juice, fresh sage, and sea salt. Brush several coats of the glaze onto each salmon fillet. Drizzle the broccolini with olive oil and then with the rest of the citrus glaze. Feel free to top the salmon with slices of orange or lemon if desired.
- Transfer the sheet pan to the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the salmon is tender and flaky, and the broccolini is slightly browned. Enjoy!
- Serve with a whole grain or starchy vegetable to make this a complete meal.