Last Updated on
With spicy arugula, salty feta cheese, and balsamic dressing, this Sweet Corn and Cherry Arugula Salad combines delicious flavors and textures for a winning dish.
This post was updated with new photos and a little extra love in 7/2019. Original writing remains.
This weekend was one for the books. We celebrated one of my best friend’s weddings on the gorgeous coast of Connecticut. It was picture perfect and full of laughter! I already miss it.
As I touched down in Minneapolis this evening, all I could think about was the fresh fruits and vegetables I was craving. I’m looking forward to all of the healthy recipe testing I’ll be doing this week. That’s for sure.
This salad features one of my favorite stone fruits–cherries–in honor of this month’s Recipe Redux theme. Juicy and sweet, cherries are a perfect addition to spicy arugula and fresh corn. Add a little feta and some balsamic, and you got yourself a great summer salad.
Tips for Making Cherry Arugula Salad
As is the case with most salads, this recipe is very easy to make. Throw everything in a bowl, add the dressing, toss, eat. The end.
But there are a few tips that I want to share with you so that you make the very best version of this salad.
- Corn: Use a serrated knife to slice the corn kernels off the cob, and do this over a plate. This is the easiest way to prep the corn without making a mess. Then, heat a little olive oil in a skillet and add the kernels. Cook them for 5-7 minutes over medium heat or until they are slightly browned.
- Cherries: Taking the pits out of cherries is pretty much my least favorite kitchen task. BUT I recently learned a kitchen hack that will really help you. If you have a stainless steel straw, center it in the middle of each cherry and then push it straight down. This should remove the pit. Trust me, it’s a GAME changer.
Can you prep this salad ahead of time?
In short, yes. This salad tastes best when you eat it immediately after you make it. But if you plan to make this a few hours or even a day before you serve it, combine everything except the dressing in an airtight container and store in the fridge.
When you want to eat it, toss in the dressing and enjoy!
If you make this recipe, I’d love to hear how you like it! Rate and review it in the comments below, and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram (@its_a_vegworld_afterall).
For another cherry + veggie dish, check out my Jicama Cherry Salsa. And if you’re in the mood for more arugula, see my Quinoa Arugula Salad with Pineapple or the 15 Minute Arugula Parmesan Pita Pizzas.
Sweet Corn and Cherry Arugula Salad
- 3 ears sweet corn - kernels removed from cob
- 3 tbsp olive oil - divided
- 2 cups cherries - pitted and halved
- 8 cups arugula
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 3 tbsp balsamic vineger
- Peel the corn and remove any threads. Use a serrated knife to slice the kernels off each cob over a large plate.
- Heat 1 tbsp of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the corn to the skillet and cook for 5 to 7 minutes, or until slightly browned. Remove from heat.
- While the corn is cooking, prep the cherries by pushing a stainless steel straw through the center of each cherry to remove the pit. Slice in half.
- In a large bowl, combine arugula, cherries, corn, and feta cheese. Whisk together the other 2 tbsp olive oil and the balsamic vinegar and pour this over the salad. Toss until well coated. Enjoy!
Pin this salad with cherries and feta now to make later!
Have a happy and healthy week!
Check out the other recipes for this month’s Recipe Redux…