These veggie-loaded zucchini overnight oats are a healthy breakfast option that can be made in advance! This recipe has all of the same delicious flavors as zucchini bread but only five minutes of prep time.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, see my affiliate disclosure.
How is time simultaneously moving so slowly and quickly in the year 2020?! I’ll never understand it, but I’m shocked that Labor Day weekend is already here.
The unofficial end of summer usually marks the transition to fall recipes on the blog, with back to school, lunchbox, and prep ahead meals on the docket. Of course, this year looks a little different for everyone, but I’m still embracing the opportunity to develop a new fall routine and stay on top of meal prep.
That’s why I’m so excited to share this new recipe for zucchini overnight oats! If you’re not familiar with overnight oats, they’re essentially oats that you mix together with milk and other fix-ins, divide into jars, and put in the fridge to soften overnight. In the morning, you can grab a jar and be on your merry way.
Honestly, I did not understand the popularity of this trend when it first started. Cold oatmeal? Isn’t that weird? But after I experimented with a few different overnight oat varieties for some freelance recipe development clients, I was sold.
I knew that once zucchini season came around, I’d have the perfect opportunity to make a vegetable overnight oat recipe for all of you! This recipe is SO easy to make, nutritious, vegan, and customizable. It’s just what you need to get back into the swing of things this fall.
How to Make Zucchini Overnight Oats
- Combine shredded zucchini, oats, cinnamon, walnuts, and raisins in a mixing bowl.
- Add milk of choice and maple syrup and stir well. Divide into two jars, seal, and store in the fridge overnight.
Told you it was easy! Still, I have some expert tips for you to consider as you make this recipe.
- I made the recipe to yield two servings, but feel free to double or triple it if needed. Zucchini overnight oats can last in the fridge all week, for at least 4 days.
- Go wild with the toppings! Besides walnuts and raisins, you can add peanut or almond butter, chocolate chips, and/or bananas. Think about your favorite variation of zucchini bread and go from there.
- Enjoy your oats cold or warm! I like them cold, but you can choose to microwave the jar for 30 to 60 seconds to warm it up if desired.
- I found that this recipe perfectly fills two, 12-ounce glass jars. You can also make three, 8-ounce jars.
More Make Ahead Breakfast Recipes
Love the ease of these zucchini overnight oats? You may also like the Make Ahead Veggie Breakfast Burritos, Vegetarian Meal Prep Breakfast Sandwiches, Carrot Cake Granola with Added Parsnips, and Easy Broccoli and Cheese Egg Bake.
I’d love to hear how you like this recipe! Rate/review using the stars on the recipe card or in the comments, and follow the Veg World on YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. Looking for something totally different? Browse the recipe library.
Zucchini Overnight Oats
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the grated zucchini, rolled oats, cinnamon, and raisins. Pour in the almond milk or milk of choice and maple syrup. Stir until well combined. Spoon the mixture into two, 12-ounce glass jars. Be sure to pour all of the liquid from the bowl into the jars. Seal the jars, and store the oats in the fridge overnight (or for at least 4 hours). Enjoy for breakfast or as a snack!
- Topping ideas: more walnuts and raisins, chocolate chips, or banana. For more protein, add peanut or almond butter.
- Overnight oats keep well in the fridge for at least 4 days.
- Enjoy the oats cold or reheat in the microwave for 30 to 60 seconds or until they reach your desired temperature.
- You can also divide this recipe into three, 8-ounce jars.
Happy Labor Day! – Lizzie