These grilled cauliflower foil packets make for a flavorful vegan meal for two. They come together in less than 30 minutes, and feature veggies and white beans seasoned with garlic and rosemary!
As you may have read in my Veg World Kitchen Tour post, Will and I recently became homeowners! Which means we now have a backyard, and of course, a grill.
We just got said grill in July, so we’ve been having a ton of fun experimenting with this new way of cooking. As you can imagine, I have especially enjoyed brainstorming new grilled veggie recipes!
After seeing some posts about making grilled veggies in foil on Instagram earlier this year, I wrote the idea on my content calendar for late summer. And boy am I glad that I revisited this concept!
These Garlic Rosemary Grilled Cauliflower Foil Packets are the result of my experimentation. If you like them, let me know, because I can definitely see myself making MANY more grilled veggie recipes in the summers to come! And for a similar recipe, check out the Grilled Cod Foil Packets with Vegetables.
What are grilled veggie foil packets?
One of the best ways to cook veggies on the grill is to wrap them in aluminum foil and place them directly on the grate. Making a “foil packet” allows you to spread the veggies out in a flat layer, which promotes even cooking.
Grilling veggies in foil also prevents them from slipping through the cracks of the grill. It’s a win-win!
Ingredients in Grilled Cauliflower Foil Packets
For this recipe, you’ll need:
- A can of white beans
- Fresh rosemary
- Fresh garlic AND garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
With the addition of white beans, you get some carbs and protein to complement your non-starchy veggies (cauliflower) and healthy fats (olive oil). In other words, these packets are a complete meal all wrapped up in foil!
How to Make Grilled Cauliflower Foil Packets
The process for making a veggie foil packet is incredibly simple. First, gather your ingredients and a roll of aluminum foil. Preheat the grill to 400-500 degrees F.
In a large mixing bowl, toss the cauliflower florets, garlic cloves, and roughly chopped onion in olive oil, salt, pepper, fresh rosemary, and garlic powder.
Slice off two long pieces of aluminum foil (about 12×18″) from the roll, and spoon equal amounts of the cauliflower mixture into the middle of each piece of foil.
Fold the foil over the veggies and beans, then fold in each side of the packet until it’s sealed. Place each packet directly on the grill, close, and let them cook for 15-20 minutes. To see if they’re ready, gently pierce one of the packets with a fork to feel if the cauliflower is tender.
Tips for Serving and Storing
You can remove the top of the foil pouch and eat your meal straight from the packet with a fork or transfer the contents to a plate. These packets can stand alone as a light meal or can be served on the side of grilled fish or burgers!
Grilled veggie packets taste best straight off the grill, but the leftovers are pretty darn good too! Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days and enjoy cold or reheated in the microwave.
If you’re looking for other cauliflower recipes, check out the Whole Roasted Cauliflower, Baked Orange Sesame Cauliflower, and Cauliflower Al Pastor Bowls.
I’d love to hear how you like this recipe! Rate/review using the stars on the recipe card or in the comments, and follow the Veg World on YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. Looking for something totally different? Browse the recipe library.
Garlic Rosemary Grilled Cauliflower Foil Packets
- 1 head cauliflower - cut into florets
- 1 15 oz can white beans - drained and rinsed
- 1 sweet onion - peeled and roughly quartered
- 4 cloves garlic - peeled
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoon fresh rosemary - roughly chopped; more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the grill to 400-500 degrees F. Prepare the aluminum foil by tearing off two 12×18" pieces.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cauliflower florets, white beans, quartered onion, and garlic cloves. In a measuring cup, mix together the olive oil, garlic powder, rosemary, salt and pepper. Pour this over the veggies and beans and mix until everything is coated.
- Transfer equal amounts of the veggie/bean mixture to each piece of foil. Make the foil packets by folding the aluminum foil in half over the mixture, then folding in each side.
- Place each packet directly on the grill, close, and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until the cauliflower is tender. To check if it's ready, use a fork to carefully pierce one of the packets and test a floret of cauliflower.
- Carefully remove from the grill and tear off the top of each packet. Serve the packets by themselves as a light meal, or on the side of grilled fish or burgers.
Hope you enjoy this one!
This was absolutely delicious. I followed the recipe exactly except for the timing. My grill is weird and doesn’t keep a constant temperature so I just kept flipping the foil packet. All grills are not alike so I can’t fault for that. I left it on a little too long and the beans got slightly dry but we ate every last bite. Thanks for posting this. I used it as a side dish with Grilled Asparagus and BBQ Sauced Chicken Legs. It was perfect. If we were Vegan, we would have positively been thrilled with this dish.
Lizzie Streit, MS, RDN
Hi Diane, I’m glad to hear you enjoyed it! Sounds like you made a delicious meal. Thanks for rating the recipe and letting me know.