Buying a container of jalapenos last week and only using one for my recipe (re: Mango Salsa) left me with a handful of these spicy little suckers and a need for creativity. Instead of letting them rot in my fridge, I knew I had to use them somehow… but jalapenos? They’re tough! Maybe another salsa? Nachos? Jalapeno poppers? Pizza? PIZZA!
After this little brainstorming session, I just knew that pizza, one of my favorite food groups, would be a perfect way to use my jalapenos. Although not the most original recipe, these pita pizzas are an easy way to “spice” up your lunch or dinner.
Pineapple and Jalapeno Pita Pizza
- 2 whole wheat pita
- 6 tablespoons BBQ sauce
- 2 jalapenos - deseeded and sliced into circles
- 1/2 cup pineapple - sliced
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- On a piece of aluminium foil, place two pieces of pita. Spread three tablespoons of BBQ sauce on each piece.
- Next, top each one with 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, jalapenos, and pineapple. Evenly sprinkle the remaining cheese on the two pizzas.
- Bake for 20 minutes, let cool, and enjoy!
Have a happy and healthy week!