Last Updated on
I don’t know about you but I’m pretty excited for squash season! There are just so many fun recipes I have planned. Once you really start thinking about it, there are endless ways to prepare squashes, especially spaghetti squash!
Spaghetti squash changes the weeknight dinner game. Will and I love picking one up, slicing it open, and throwing together some type of filling while it’s cooking in the oven. Some of our all time favorite spaghetti squash recipes include this Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash from the Real Food Dietitians and my 5 Ingredient Italian Spaghetti Squash Boats.
PS – If you’re not familiar with spaghetti squash, it’s a type of squash that has stringy, spaghetti-like pieces inside of it.
I love how easy it is to prepare spaghetti squash for quick dinners that I just had to whip up another recipe featuring this mighty veg. This Spaghetti Squash Pad Thai is loaded with veggies and topped with a creamy peanut ginger sauce that has just 5 ingredients. (They’re probably all in your pantry at the moment too!)
It’s a great substitute for take-out pad thai that tastes just as good for half the price. Speaking from personal experience, this recipe also works for meal prep and weekday lunches.
So there you have it – all of the arguments to make this Spaghetti Squash Pad Thai! And now, let me give you the ingredients and directions. There’s really no excuse not to make it, huh?
Spaghetti Squash Pad Thai
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic - minced or crushed
- 2 cups sugar snap peas - or snow peas, sliced in half
- 1 bell pepper - diced
- 2 carrots - chopped
- 5 green onions - thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup peanuts - chopped, more for serving
- Lime - for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Prepare the spaghetti squash by slicing it in half, scooping out the seeds, and seasoning each cut side with salt and pepper. Place each half cut side down on the lined baking sheet and bake for 40 to 45 minutes. Remove from oven, flip each half over, and let cool for a few minutes.
- While the squash is cooking, heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic, peppers, and snow peas and sauté for 5 to 7 minutes or until the veggies are tender. Chop the carrots, green onions, and peanuts.
- You can also prepare the dressing while the veggies are cooking. In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients until smooth. Set aside for later.
- Once the spaghetti squash is finished, use a fork to scoop the cooked squash into a large bowl. Add the peppers, snows peas, carrots, green onions, and peanuts. Mix until well combined. Pour the dressing over the mixture and stir until coated.
- You can serve the pad thai in the spaghetti squash skins for fun, or just on a plate! Garnish with more peanuts and green onions, and serve with lime wedges. Enjoy!
Pin this Spaghetti Squash Pad Thai now to make later!