This Spiralized Golden Beet Salad is a tasty dish for the fall and holiday season! Made with raw golden beets, kale, goat cheese, pumpkin seeds, and a sweet and savory rosemary honey dressing, it’s an easy but gourmet-like recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, see my affiliate disclosure.
Are you at all surprised that the first official fall recipe I’m posting this year has beets in it?! If you know my affinity for these earthy root vegetables, you shouldn’t be.
I love beets in any form – roasted, raw, diced, whole, spiralized – you name it and I’ve probably made it. Beets are the real MVP for so many reasons. They’re an incredibly nutritious vegetable with beneficial plant compounds that promote circulation, relaxation of blood vessels, and overall heart health!
Plus, they provide an earthy flavor that fits in both savory and sweet dishes.
Reasons to Love Spiralized Golden Beet Salad
This Spiralized Golden Beet Salad with Rosemary Honey Dressing is a wonderful marriage of several different tastes and textures that complement beets in just the right way.
It has a subtle early flavor and crunchy texture from the raw beet spirals and finely chopped kale, a slightly tart flavor from goat cheese and apple cider vinegar, a sweet kick from honey, and a savory, aromatic finish from fresh rosemary.
Sounds pretty perfect for the fall and upcoming holiday season, huh? Like I said, it really is a beautiful marriage of flavors.
Want some more sides dishes for the fall, winter, and holiday season? Check out the the Whole Roasted Kohlrabi with Pomegranate Reduction, Roasted Delicata Squash and Kale with Lemon Tahini, and Vegan Mushroom and Cranberry Wild Rice Pilaf while you’re here!
How to Make Spiralized Golden Beet Salad
- Scrub each beet, then slice off the top and bottom so that you have a flat surface on each end to put in the spiralizer. For real though, you’re going to want to give each beet a good, long scrub with a veggie brush. If you don’t have a veggie brush, you can peel the beets, but then you lose some of the pretty color that’s on the skin.
- Secure each beet, one at a time, in the spiralizer and run it through until you have long, beet noodles.
- Finely chop a few leaves of lacinato (dinosaur) kale.
- Put the beet noodles and kale in a mixing bowl, then add the pumpkin seeds and goat cheese.
- Whisk together the olive oil, cider vinegar, honey, dijon, and rosemary, and pour the dressing over the salad!
- To find golden beets for this recipe, check out your local farmers market. Several grocery stores will also carry them throughout the fall and winter (I’ve found them at Kowalski’s, Cub, Lund’s & Byerly’s, Linden Hills Co-op, and more). Their flavor is very similar to red beets, but some say it’s slightly less earthy. That being said, you can use red beets for this recipe if you can’t find golden ones. You can also buy pre-packaged beet noodles at some stores.
- Use kitchen scissors or a sharp knife to cut long noodles into shorter, more manageable pieces. This makes it a lot easier to eat and serve!
- Raw golden beets can turn brown when they are exposed to air, so be wary of that if you are making this salad in advance. I’d recommend dressing it right away so that the beets keep their color or making it as close to serving as possible.
- Leftovers can last for 2-3 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
For another beet + goat cheese combo, check out my Blender Frittata with Spiralized Beets and Goat Cheese!
More Vegetarian Beet Recipes
- Roasted Golden Beets with Miso Maple Sauce
- Rosemary Honey Slow Cooker Beets
- Fudgy Beet Brownies
- Homemade Beetroot Relish
- Roasted Beets and Burrata with Orange Balsamic
If you make this recipe, I’d love to hear how you like it! Please rate and review it using the stars on the recipe card or in the comments section.
Spiralized Golden Beet Salad with Rosemary Honey Dressing
- cutting board and knife
- Mixing bowl
- 3 medium golden beets - or 6 small
- 1 cup lacinato kale - finely chopped
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup goat cheese - crumbled
- To prepare the beets, trim and scrub each one. You do not have to peel them, but can if you want. Run them through a spiralizer. Use a pair of kitchen scissors or a sharp knife to cut long beet noodles into smaller, more manageable pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine the spiralized beets, finely chopped kale leaves, and pumpkin seeds. Stir in the goat cheese crumbles.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the dressing. Add salt and pepper to taste, and perhaps more rosemary if desired. Drizzle over the salad and mix until coated. Finally, add more pumpkin seeds and goat cheese as desired. Enjoy!
- Even if you are serving this at a later time, do not wait to add the dressing. Putting the dressing on right away helps prevent the beets from getting brown.
- You can use red beets for this recipe if you can't find golden beets.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days. Golden beets will start to get brown in that time frame, but they are still OK to eat.
Take it from me, you can’t “beet” this one!! 😉
Until next time,