Last Updated on
This Healthy Greek Yogurt Broccoli Salad is the perfect summer potluck dish!
Get your grills fired up folks, it’s cookout season! As a veggie enthusiast, I like to challenge the traditional grilling/BBQ culture and add some vegetable heavy dishes to the mix.
Don’t get me wrong. I really enjoy a delicious grilled hamburger or hot dog, especially on the 4th of July or Father’s Day. I just think that there’s also a place for veggies at these events!
There are some fun things in store for the summer cookout season in the Veg World, including a special post on making plant-based appetizer trays. And I’m excited to get things started today with this Healthy Greek Yogurt Broccoli Salad.
The best thing about cooking is experimenting with the infinite number of ways that ingredients can come together. Broccoli salad is a good example of putting together foods that I wouldn’t always think of as a suitable combination.
Sure, dried cranberries, pecans, and red onion are pretty common salad toppings. But using broccoli florets and grated carrots as the base? Not as intuitive!
I also experimented with a lightened up version of traditional broccoli salad dressing for this recipe. That’s why there’s Greek yogurt in the name! The final product is a bit tangier and sweeter than your typical broccoli salad, but just as (if not more) delicious!
Bookmark this page to make the Healthy Greek Yogurt Broccoli Salad as a side for your dad this Sunday, or save it for the 4th of July!
Healthy Greek Yogurt Broccoli Salad
- 6 cups broccoli florets - about 2 medium heads
- 1/2 cup carrots - about 2 medium grated into thin slices using a vegetable peeler
- 1/2 cup red onion - chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pecans - chopped
For the dressing:
- 3/4 cup plain whole milk Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli florets, grated carrots, red onion, dried cranberries, and chopped pecans.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the Greek yogurt with the apple cider vinegar and honey.
- Pour the dressing over the broccoli salad and mix until well coated. Enjoy!
Have a great weekend!